This is the start of me trying to build a small Internet Enabled central heating controls. The idea is to replace my existing Drayton Tempus 7 unit. I have the following requirements
- Web Front End
- 7 Day Planner for Central Heating
- 7 Day Planner for Hot Water
- 1/2/3 Hour Boost
- Switching for 2A 240v ac
- Survive power outage
- Remote Temperature Sensors – Wireless?
At the moment I can see two products which could be used – Raspberry Pi or Arduino.
Current Thinking is
- Raspberry Pi
- Slice of Pi and an XRF module
- Temperature XRF development sensor
- PhidgetInterfaceKit 0/0/4 or USB Relay Kit